|Post Office Box 771, Pelzer, South Carolina 29669|
Facebook: Darron Meares
LinkedIn: Darron Meares
Darron Meares, MBA, CAI, MPPA, BAS
Chief Operating Officer - Meares Auction Group Owner - Meares and Associates, LLC dba Bowtie Benefit Auctions
Chief Operating Officer, Meares Auction Group, 2002 - present
Day-today activities include running a 39 year-old auction firm that conducts an average of 120 auctions per year. These auctions include coin collections, firearm collections, business liquidations, Real Estate, Estate and bankruptcies. In addition to live onsite auctions, Meares is responsible for coordinating live and timed online auctions serving customers across the globe.
Founder, Bowtie Benefit Auctions, 2008 - present
Founded in April 2008, Bowtie Benefit Auctions as grown in size in a relatively short amount of time. In 2010, Bowtie Benefit Auctions conducted 51 events for clients ranging from schools up to National nonprofit organizations. The company serves clients in SC, NC, GA and the US Virgin Islands with auctioneer services and event consultation.
Owner, Meares and Associates, LLC, 2008 - present
Meares and Associates is the parent company handling and scheduling the asset appraisals and speaking engagements Meares conducts.
Instructor, Southeastern School of Auctioneering, 2003 - present
Meares teaches auction law, auction promotion, Uniform Commercial Code for Auctioneers, online advertising and social networking to four auction school classes per year. In addition, Meares is frequently called to speak at state and international auctioneer association seminars - currently 27 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Master Personal Property Appraiser, 2007 - present
Meares achieved the Master Personal Property Appraiser (MPPA) designation from the National Auctioneers Association Education Institute for his work in the field and court testimony. Meares is current with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Greenville Technical College, Greenville, SC - Associate of Arts
- Southern Wesleyan University, Central, SC - BA in Business Administration
- Southern Wesleyan University, Central, SC - Master of Business Administration
- Southeastern School of Auctioneering, Greenville, SC - Auctioneer Training
- Wyatt Institute of Real Estate, Greenville, SC - Salesman Courses in Real Estate
- NAA Education Institute - Master Personal Property Appraiser (MPPA), 2007
- NAA Education Institute - Benefit Auction Specialist (BAS) 2008
- NAA Education Institute - Certified Auctioneer Institute (CAI) 2008
- Benefit Auctioneer Boot Camp, Atlanta, GA 2010
- Beyond Bid Calling for Fundraising Auctioneers, Dallas, TX 2010
NAA Board of Directors (2006-2009), SC Auctioneers Association Board of Directors (2005- 2010), Auctioneer Associations: SC, NC, GA, American Bankruptcy Institute, National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, NAA Speakers Bureau, NAA Technology Committee, NAA GPPA Committee, Greenville SC Chamber of Commerce, Greenville SC Commerce Club, PULSE Pacesetters Inaugural Class
Auction Law, Fundraising Auctions, Fundraising Auction Consulting, Ethics in the Auction Industry, Online Advertising, Online Auction Setup and Execution, Auction Method of Marketing Assets, Communicating with Generation X/Y, Social Networking, Auction Technology and Applications, Entrepreneurship, Cost of Doing Business, Uniform Commercial Code for Auctioneers, Asset Liquidation